|Terms & Conditions|
1. ABOUT US
M.A.M. is a company which is part of the Tyneside Autoparc Group. We are based at Sandy Lane, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 5HE.
2. ON-LINE VALUATIONS
Any valuation given through our site or by e-mail (On-line Valuation) is a valuation based upon what you tell us about the car (Car) and not a price at which we are willing to buy the Car.
We always carry out an on-site inspection of a Car before we offer to buy it. After you have received an On-line Valuation, you may book an appointment for an on-site inspection (Appointment).
If we consider that the value of a Car is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual feature or customisation, which was not apparent to us when we gave the online valuation, the price that we offer for it following an on-site inspection (Price) will differ from the On-line Valuation.
3. PURCHASE CONTRACT
Once we have carried out an on-site inspection of a Car, we will offer to buy the Car for a Price.
Any offer to buy the Car may only be accepted by you, and a contract will only be made between us (Contract), if and when you sign our standard written purchase contract at the Appointment. The Contract will be subject to these terms and conditions and will not contain any other standard terms or conditions.
When a Contract is made, we will expect you to hand us the keys, the registration document, any service history, any MOT certificate, any user manuals, and any accessories there may be such as a locking wheel nut, radio fascia or remote controls, and to remove any personal possessions from the Car.
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT
Once you have handed over the Car in accordance with 3.3 above, we will pay you the Price for the Car by a business cheque.
Our standard means of payment is by cheque which takes 4-5 working days normally to clear in your bank account. If you wish to recieve payment on the next working day we will charge a £24.75 transfer administration fee for this optional service.
There are no standard fees attached to your sale.
It is possible that events beyond our control may delay payment, and if that happens we will not have any liability to you for the delay, save that we will refund the fee of £24.75 if it has been paid, or deducted from the Price, for next working day payment and payment is not made the next working day.
5. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS
If we buy a Car from you, we will be relying upon your representation that:
1. you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract to sell the Car;
2. you are at least 18 years old; and
3. to the best of your knowledge , information and belief:
1. you are the sole owner of the Car;
2. other than in respect of any finance outstanding on the Car which you have disclosed to us, no person has any claim to the Car;
3. the mileage reading on the Car is true and accurate and the odometer has not been tampered with;
4. you have disclosed to us all matters which a prudent purchaser would want to know about, such as physical defects in the Car (e.g. if it has any material mechanical problems or damage);
5. all information supplied by you in respect of the Car (whether in obtaining an On-line Valuation, at any Appointment or otherwise) is true and accurate in all respects; and
6. the Car is registered in the UK.
6. CARS SUBJECT TO FINANCE
We may agree to purchase the Car even though it is the subject of a finance arrangement between you and a third party (Finance Agreement), provided that we receive a written statement of the amount required to settle the Finance Agreement in full from the third party.
We will only pay to a third party such sum as we agree with you in writing. We will make such payment as soon as is reasonably practicable after we enter into the Contract and following receipt of any sum due from you under condition 6.3(b) below.
If the Price is:
1. higher than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any Finance Agreement we will pay you the difference; or
2. lower than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any Finance Agreement you must pay us the difference.
7. OUR LIABILITY
Subject to condition 7.3, we will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, or loss of anticipated savings. However, this condition 7.1 shall not prevent claims for loss of, or damage to, your physical property which is caused by our negligence.
Subject to condition 7.3, our maximum aggregate liability to you under or in connection with any Contract with you shall not exceed the value of the Car.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
1. death or personal injury which we cause;
2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
8. LAW AND JURISDICTION
Each Contract will be governed by English law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless the Appointment takes place in Scotland, in which case it will be governed by Scots law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
9. PERMITTED USE
You are only permitted to access and use this Website for your personal, non-commercial purposes, meaning this Website may only be accessed and used directly by a private individual. Access to and use of this Website other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
You are not permitted to use this Website:
1. In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
2. To create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person's databases, records or directories.
3. Using any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other 'screen scraping' software, process, program or system.